Gaming is one of the fastest growing PC segments, with more than 1 billion gamers worldwide1. Mainstream gamers represent 62 percent2 of this growing market. While HP’s OMEN line is built for performance and enthusiasts gamers, the new HP Pavilion Portfolio is designed to meet the diverse needs of more casual users, who often want a single device to meet all their PC needs.
"By listening to gamers and understanding their needs, HP is building an industry-leading gaming ecosystem that appeals to all segments of the market,“ said Anne-Sophie Hadberg, head of Consumer Personal Systems EMEA, HP Inc. "With HP Pavilion Gaming, casual gamers get the best of both worlds – powerful game play on a boldly designed device that’s versatile enough to meet their everyday PC needs.”
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15: Game and Create in Style While on the Go
The HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15 combines portability and rock-solid hardware for gameplay, content creation, and productivity. This means storage with speed and capacity, fast Wi-Fi, enhanced sound, and a robust cooling solution in the form of dual fans with exhaust vents located on the back corners of the laptop to help manage airflow and reduce heat.
Specific features include:
- Powerhouse gaming machine: Experience outstanding computing power with up to high performance 6 core mobile 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7+ H-series processors3 or up to mainstream, quad core mobile 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 U-series processors4 to help get through a variety of tasks before jumping into a favorite game. Save games, movies, and pictures with room to spare with select storage options for HDD-only up to 2 TB5, up to 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ SSD5, dual storage option up to 256GB PCIe® NVMe™ SSD with 1 TB HDD5 or 128 GB PCIe® NVMe™ SSD with 2 TB HDD5, or configurations with a HDD up to 1 TB5 paired with 16 GB of Intel® Optane™ memory6 for storage acceleration. Enjoy exceptional graphics performance with available graphics options up to NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 with MAX-Q Design.
- Stunning visuals and audio: Narrow bezels allow for immersive visuals on the 15.6-inch diagonal display offered in 144Hz7 1080p, 60Hz7 1080p, and 60Hz7 4K display8 options. Pump out resounding audio custom tuned by B&O Play with HP Audio Boost technology supporting dual speakers, all mounted at the top of the keyboard deck for an immersive audio experience.
- Lightning-fast connectivity: Fast Wi-Fi with a 2x2 antenna on all configurations and an option supporting Gigabit speeds9 help provide the throughput needed for online gaming, smooth multimedia streaming, or large file transfers.
- Bold, daring design with variety: Configurations with high performance mobile 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i+ H-Series processors3 get a brushed aluminum keyboard deck and are available in two distinct styles. The Shadow Black finish is paired with a backlit keyboard available in Acid Green or Ghost White color themes, with color-matched printed accents on the laptop port labels. Models with mainstream mobile Intel® Core™ i U-Series processors4 are available in select markets and come in Shadow Black finish with Ghost White accents, a plastic keyboard deck, and optional backlit keyboard.
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktops 690 and 790: Reliable Power, Versatility, and Value Packaged in a Bold Design
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktops power the latest games while maintaining reliable performance at a great price. They include a variety of shared features starting with a unique, standout design featuring a Shadow Black brushed finish with a green LED strip down the front bezel’s center and matching Acid Green printed accents on the port labels.
The desktops provide maximum flexibility for capacity and performance with multiple storage options including HDD-only up to 3 TB5, up to 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ SSD-only5, or dual storage up to 512 GB with 3 TB5, or HDD up to 3 TB5 with Intel® Optane™ memory6 for storage acceleration. Both desktops enable an amazing audio experience with 5.1 surround sound support for speaker setups, and HP Audio Stream pairs mobile devices to the PC via Bluetooth for streaming music through the PC’s speakers. To ensure access to ample ports, the desktops offer essential Input and Output (I/O) ports on the front including USB Type A, USB Type-C™, audio, and card reader, while a combination of USB Type A, audio, and video are at the rear. Customers can also choose an optical drive for installing and running games collected over the years or simply to watch a movie.
HP Pavilion Gaming 690 Desktop offers a smaller footprint in a highly optimized device for mainstream gamers who want a streamlined design to fit with their space requirements. Specific features include:
- Optimally powered: Get the versatility gamers and creators crave by running up to 6 core 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7+ processors3, 4 or up to 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen™ processors10, with support for up to 16 GB of DDR4 RAM for multi-tasking while gaming.
- Game on: Jump into the newest titles at recommended settings tailored for great experiences with GPUs up to NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon™ RX 580 cards.
- Supports upgrading needs: Capable of holding half-length graphics cards, up to three storage devices11, and support for two DIMM12.
HP Pavilion Gaming 790 Desktop is the larger, more powerful desktop model in the portfolio with extensive scalability. Specific features include:
- Maximized processing and memory: With up to 6 core 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7+ processors3, 4, users can provide the raw computing power needed to handle creative multitasking and the latest games, while up to 64 GB of DDR4 RAM enables creatives to run memory intensive applications without worry.
- Impressive graphics power: Graphics cards up to NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 or AMD Radeon™ RX 580 GPUs let gamers play some of the most graphically demanding games currently available.
- Go fully loaded: Outfit it with full-length graphics cards, up to four storage devices11, and four DIMM12 support for greater upgrade capabilities.
HP Pavilion Gaming 32 HDR11 Display: An Ideal Blend of Versatility and Performance
The HP Pavilion Gaming 32 HDR13 Display provides stunning visuals and performance for gaming, artistic creation, and entertainment of all kinds. Combining HDR13 technology with fast refresh rates and features like Radeon™ FreeSync™ technology14 can help reduce screen tearing during gameplay when paired with an AMD Radeon™ graphics card. Throwing all these attributes onto 32-inches of diagonal real estate provide a more immersive experience and stutter free gaming.
Specific features include:
- Breathtaking sights: Next level VESA Certified Display HDR™ 60015, with 600 nits peak brightness along with 6,000:1 contrast ratio16 and 95% DCI-P3 color gambit17 yield more vibrant visuals in both games and HDR11 compatible movies, all experienced on a stunning 32-inch diagonal display with Quad HD18 (2560x1440) resolution.
- Ultra-smooth visuals: Experience fluid gameplay with less stuttering or tearing by synchronizing the GPU to the display with Radeon™ FreeSync™ technology14. For gamers to get an extra edge in situations where every frame matters, the display has a 75Hz refresh rate7 and 5 ms response time7 versus a traditional 60hz panel.
- Multi-functional bliss: Provides a quick and simple connection to popular accessories with two USB Type A ports, DisplayPort and an audio output jack along with two HDMI ports to attach gaming consoles, giving gamers the ability to leverage the display for multiple platforms.
HP Pavilion Gaming Pricing and Availability18
- The HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop is expected to be available in Belgium in May at a starting price of €899.
- HP Pavilion Gaming 690 is expected to be available in Belgium in May at a starting price of €799.
- HP Pavilion Gaming 790 is expected to be available in Belgium in May at a starting price of €899.
- The HP Pavilion Gaming 32 HDR Display is expected to be available in EMEA in August at a starting price of €479.
1. Statistica, Number of PC gamers worldwide 2014-2021.
2. HP Research - Gaming Brands and Behavior, February 2016
3. 8th Gen Intel Core i5+ and i7+ applies to configurations with 8th Gen Intel Core i5 or Core i7 (H-series or S-Series) processors paired with Intel Optane™ memory for storage acceleration. Intel® Optane™ memory system acceleration does not replace or increase the DRAM in your system. Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering, branding and/or naming is not a measurement of higher performance.
4. Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering, branding/and or naming is not a measurement of higher performance. Quad-core is 4 cores and Hexa-core is 6 cores.
5. For solid state drives, GB = 1 billion bytes, 1TB = trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 35GB of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
6. Intel® Optane™ memory is a smart, adaptable system accelerator for PCs with an Intel® Core™ processor. Intel® Optane™ memory system acceleration does not replace or increase the DRAM in your system.
7. All performance specifications represent the typical specifications provided by HP's component manufacturers; actual performance may vary either higher or lower.
8. 4K content required to view full 4K images. UHD content is also referred to as 4K content.
9. Wi-Fi option supporting Gigabit speeds only available on select configurations with Intel Core i H-series CPUs.
10. Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. AMD’s numbering is not a measurement of clock speed.
11. Dual storage options (SSD + 3.5” HDD) available preconfigured. Additional storage options can be added by the end user. Pavilion Gaming 790 can accommodate a total of 1x M.2 SSD and 3x 3.5” SATA storage devices. Pavilion Gaming 690 can accommodate a total of 1x M.2 SSD, 1x 3.5” SATA and 1x 2.5” SATA.
12. Dual In-line Memory Module (DIMM) is a small-scale circuit board that holds memory chips on the motherboard.
13. High dynamic range (HDR) is a technology that augments the contrast between the dark and light values of an image.
14. FreeSync is an AMD technology is enabled on FHD displays and is designed to eliminate stuttering and/or tearing in games and videos by locking a display’s refresh rate to the frame rate of the graphics card. Monitor, AMD Radeon™ Graphics and/or AMD A-Series APU compliant with DisplayPort™ Adaptive-Sync required. AMD Catalyst™ 15.2 Beta (or newer) required. Adaptive refresh rates vary by display.
15. VESA Certified DisplayHDR 600 provides peak luminance of 600 cd/m2 - double that of typical displays. Full-screen flash requirement renders realistic effects in gaming and movies. Real-time contrast ratios with local dimming yield deep blacks with remarkable highlights. Requires 10-bit image processing.
16. The ratio of the darkest black to the brightest white on a computer monitor or TV. All performance specifications represent the typical specifications provided by HP's component manufacturers; actual performance may vary either higher or lower.
17. DCI-P3 color gamut is a film industry standard RGB color space for digital movie projection. All performance specifications represent the typical specifications provided by HP's component manufacturers; actual performance may vary either higher or lower.
18. QHD (Quad High Definition) content required to view QHD images.19. Pricing and availability subject to change.