Gaming is one of the world’s fastest growing PC categories and has become a billion-dollar business for HP. Since launching in 2016, OMEN has grown to become a powerful gaming brand known for delivering beastly performance, smart software, stunning displays and an expanding lineup of must-have accessories ready for play at the highest levels in esports.
“Our unparalleled design and engineering prowess is delivering the truly differentiated hardware, software and gear gamers need to perform at their best,” said Anne-Sophie Hadberg, head of Consumer Personal Systems EMEA, HP Inc. “Whether it’s our most powerful OMEN 15 laptop, our new pro-level Sequencer keyboard and Reactor mouse, or our breakthrough Mindframe headset with the world’s first active earcup cooling technology, OMEN is constantly setting new standards for technology that gives gamers an edge.”
OMEN 15 Laptop: Faster, Smaller and More Powerful than Ever
The latest iteration of the OMEN 15 Laptop is an even sleeker powerhouse that gives gamers enhanced portability, while improving the hardware and features they crave. Engineered for gaming performance, designed for immersion, and crafted for expansion, this laptop hits all the marks gamers are looking for in a device, delivering top-notch experiences on-the-go or at home.
Top features include:
- Power That Goes the Distance: Experience astonishing graphics with the VR ready NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 1070 with MAX-Q Design3. 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i+4 H-series quad or six-core CPUs5 and up to 32GB DDR4-2666 RAM will power the latest titles and manage multi-tasking and memory intensive programs with ease. The laptop includes a flexible variety of storage options, including SSD, HDD, SSD + HDD, or even HDD + Intel® Optane™ memory6 for storage acceleration.
- Cool Things Down: Thoughtfully engineered for the heat gaming generates, with larger fans, a 3-phase motor, and fluid dynamic bearings to create less friction and more consistent fan speed control in all configurations. Vents on the back and bottom of the laptop pull in cool air while two large fans push out heat at the rear corners. Select configurations7 include expanded vent areas on the bottom to increase airflow.
- Lose Yourself in the Game: Stunning visuals come fast on the 15.6-inch diagonal display, with options including 144hz 1080p, 60Hz 4k8, or 60Hz 1080p and NVIDIA G-SYNC™ technology on select configurations7. Vibrant sound blasts through stereo speakers9 powered with audio by Bang & Olufsen along and a discrete audio amplifier. For those opting to wear headsets, enjoy DTS Headphone:X®10 for simulated surround sound to pinpoint where every footstep or ambient sound is coming from.
- Expansion and Flexibility: Do-it-yourself additions are made easy through Phillips-head screws on the base of the laptop along with single panel access for storage and memory. The laptop comes with a wide variety of ports now located at the back to allow for more freedom of movement, especially for those who use a wired mouse.
OMEN Game Stream: OMEN Power Now Streaming
HP continues to add new functionality to its OMEN Command Center software with each iteration. The latest build, which comes preinstalled on the new OMEN 15 Laptop, introduces the ability to harness your OMEN PC’s power to stream1 gameplay content to other Windows 10 devices.
OMEN by HP Mindframe Headset: Keep Cool in The Heat of Competition
A known source of discomfort for gamers is the warmth of their headsets9 during periods of extended gameplay. Nearly half of PC gamers (46%) cite comfort11 as the most important feature when purchasing headsets. The new OMEN Mindframe solves this problem, delivering the world’s first headset with active earcup cooling technology. This revolutionary headset, coming later this year, is packed with cutting edge audio and designed with total comfort in mind.
Top features include:
- Stay Frosty: Controlled with OMEN Command Center software, this patented active cooling solution is designed with a thermoelectric device inside the earcup that conducts heat from the acoustic chamber towards the outside, so gamers can keep cool and focused in tense situations.
- A Luxurious Fit: Comfort remains top of mind with a self-adjusting lightweight suspension headband that creates even weight dissolution. Soft leatherette ear cushions offer pillow-like relaxation.
- Tactical Immersion: Harness realistic positional audio and 3D spatial awareness with DTS Headphone:X®10 and 7.1 virtual surround sound to track every enemy footstep.
- Command, Conquer, Customize: Give out clear communication with a noise-cancelling unidirectional microphone that instantly mutes when flipping it up, unmutes when folded back down, and adjusts quickly with a volume knob on an earcup. Rock any color with RBG lighting and effects that can be edited and controlled through OMEN Command Center software.
- Cross-Platform Support: When not gaming on a PC, take advantage of the USB 2.0 Type-A connector to jam with other USB-enabled mobile devices.
OMEN by HP Sequencer Keyboard: Speed You Can Feel
Maneuver at the speed of light and gain a competitive edge with optical-mechanical switches. Built with a durable brushed top, lightweight anodized aluminum frame, and USB port at the back-left corner for added convenience, the OMEN Sequencer delivers on next-level responsiveness, customization and durability.
Top features include:
- Lightning-Fast Response Times: Revel in industry leading optical-mechanical Blue switch technology that provide a 0.2ms response time, which is approximately 10x faster12 than traditional mechanical switches, giving gamers the best of both worlds through the tactile feel of a mechanical switch and the input recognition speed of an optical key.
- Rapid Adjustments: A visually striking red metal volume roller bar and dedicated media keys allow for audio changes at a moment’s notice.
- Colors that Define: Find a color for any theme with individually backlit RBG LED keys capable of 16.8 million color options, all with unique effects and customizable within OMEN Command Center.
OMEN by HP Reactor Mouse: Swift Precision Designed for Competition
The OMEN Reactor was meticulously engineered to give gamers a competitive edge by adding a host of new features, including a robust industry-first aluminum metal USB cable that helps reduce kinking and commands attention.
Top features include:
- World-Class Input Recognition: Click lag is a thing of the past thanks to word class optical-mechanical switch technology with light beam detection enabling a 0.2ms click response time on left and right buttons, for speeds that are a whopping 3x faster12 than a traditional mechanical mouse switch.
- Quick and Accurate: Outfitted with the most advanced esports-grade 16,000 DPI optical sensor, gamers gain a massive edge where reflexive speed and precision matter most.
- Customizable Comfort: A carefully designed ergonomic shape perfected for esports incorporates rubber grips on both sides combined with an adjustable palm rest height balanced on a metal coil to generate a variety of palm rest positions for comfortable gameplay.
- Keep it Colorful: Create a personal touch by way of customized lighting and effects for two programmable RGB LEDs through OMEN Command Center software.
OMEN X by HP Transceptor Backpack: The Supreme Carry-on for Gamers
This all-purpose bag was designed to make gaming on-the-go easy, comfortable and stylish, while ensuring everything remains snug and safe. The OMEN X by HP Transceptor Backpack is built for those who demand the best and want to bring their portable gaming life with them wherever, whenever.
Top features include:
- Armored for the Elements: Feel confident carrying a backpack that has been shielded for hazards with weather resistant material, hard shell bottom, RFID-blocking13 pocket, and a padded TSA compliant 17” compartment with a trolley handle pass-through that makes traversing through the airport a breeze.
- Ready in a Snap: Avoid location memorization with helpful icon-labeled pockets that mark where key accessories can be ideally stored and enjoy the convenience of a Fidlock buckle along with a roll top design to adjust the volume of carried gear.
- Bring it All: Once packed, everything can be carried comfortably with padded shoulder straps, air mesh lining, and an adjustable chest strap.
OMEN by HP Mouse 400: Industry Standards on a Budget
For gamers that need something to get the job done at an affordable price point, the OMEN by HP Mouse 400 with OMRON mechanical switches is complete with the basics to get right into the game, including optional ‘sniper mode’ where the forward button function lowers DPI to 400 while held down to increase precision while aiming.
OMEN by HP Mouse Pad 200 and Hard Mouse Pad 200: Two Choices to Dominate
No gaming setup is complete without a mouse pad that provides just the right amount of friction to consistently get the job done right. With OMEN by HP Mouse Pad 200s, a hard and soft option are offered to help gamers who are looking for quick gliding movement and those who might want a little more resistance to assist in accuracy.
OMEN by HP Pricing and Availability14
- OMEN 15 Laptop is expected to be available in EMEA in June for a starting price of €999.
- OMEN by HP Mindframe Headset is expected to be available in EMEA in October for €199.99
- OMEN by HP Sequencer Keyboard is expected to be available in EMEA in July for €179.99.
- OMEN by HP Reactor Mouse is expected to be available in EMEA in July for €79.99.
- OMEN X by HP Transceptor Backpack is expected to be available in EMEA in June for €219.99.
- OMEN by HP Mouse 400 is available in EMEA now for €39.99.
- OMEN by HP Mouse Pad 200 is available in EMEA now for €19.99.
- OMEN by Hard Mouse Pad 200 is available in EMEA now for €24.99.
For more information about the OMEN by HP ecosystem of gaming PCs, displays and accessories, visit: http://www8.hp.com/be/nl/campaigns/gamingpcs/overview.
1. Must activate OMEN Game Stream account on your OMEN PC and download the OMEN Command Center app from the Microsoft Store onto other Windows 10 PCs. Game Stream requirements: OS – Microsoft Windows 10 (Fall Creators Update or later); Network – Minimum upload and download speeds of 10Mbps at 5GHz; CPU – X Generation Intel® Core™ i5 processor or better; GPU – Intel® HD 4000 / NVIDIA® 8000 series / AMD® 2000 series or better with latest graphics drivers; System Memory – 4GB DDR3
2. Statistica, Number of PC gamers worldwide 2014-2021.
3. NVIDIA® Max-Q Design can help reduce system heat and noise in thinner form factor PCs. Form factor design and thickness of the system will vary. Overall graphics performance may be lower than alternative graphics solutions that do not utilize Max-Q design. NVIDIA, GeForce, Surround, and the NVIDIA logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. MAXQ® is the registered trademark of Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.
4. Intel Core i+ applies to configurations with Core i5 or Core i7 processors paired with Intel Optane Memory for storage acceleration. Intel® Optane™ memory system acceleration does not replace or increase the DRAM in your system. Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering, branding and/or naming is not a measurement of higher performance.
5. Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering, branding/and or naming is not a measurement of higher performance. Quad-core is 4 cores and Hexa-core is 6 cores
6. Intel® Optane™ memory is a smart, adaptable system accelerator for PCs with an Intel® Core™ processor. Intel® Optane™ memory system acceleration does not replace or increase the DRAM in your system.
7. Select configurations refer to NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 1060 and GeForce® GTX™ 1070 with MAX-Q Design models
8. Full high-definition (FHD) content required to view FHD images. 4K content required to view full 4K images.
9. Listening to personal stereo equipment or headsets at full volume for long periods can damage the user’s hearing. To reduce the risk of hearing damage, lower the volume and amount of time listening at full volume.
10. For DTS patents, see http://patents.dts.com. Manufactured under license from DTS Licensing Limited. DTS, the Symbol, & DTS and the Symbol together are registered trademarks, and HEADPHONE:X and the DTS HEADPHONE:X logo are trademarks of DTS, Inc. © DTS, Inc.
11. EEDAR & NPD Group Company: The PC Peripheral Market – 2015G
12. Switch response time test performed, compared optical-mechanical switch versus traditional mechanical switch G
13. RFID (radio frequency identification) is a form of wireless communication that incorporates the use of electromagnetic or electrostatic coupling in the radio frequency portion of the electromagnetic spectrum to uniquely identify an object, animal or person.
14. Pricing subject to change without notice. Retailers pricing may vary.