“Working closely with Microsoft we designed all our 2015 products to be ready for Windows 10,” said Mike Nash, vice president, portfolio strategy and customer experience, Personal Systems, HP. “As a result, customers who purchased or plan to buy a 2015 Windows PC from HP should have a smooth transition to Windows 10.”
When it designed its 2015 products, HP planned its entire 2015 portfolio to be Windows 10 ready. While HP will update the 2015 products to Windows 10 after it ships, HP PCs currently shipping with Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 are expected to upgrade to Windows 10. To make this an excellent experience, HP is working with both hardware component suppliers and Microsoft to have full coverage for drivers for Windows 10.
“HP’s collaboration and feedback during the Windows 10 planning process has been extremely valuable,” said Peter Han, VP Worldwide OEM Marketing, Microsoft. “We look forward to HP launching their new devices that will light up Windows 10 capabilities and provide new experiences to our joint customers around the world.”
The Path to Windows 10
Consumers who choose to purchase a PC before July 29, 2015 can upgrade to Windows 10 via support and services. Additional details on how to reserve and receive upgrades are available at Windows.com
Windows 10-Enabled Devices
Some examples of HP’s broad PC portfolio available for purchase today that are able to take advantage of Windows 10 features include:(3)
- HP Pavilion x360, HP ENVY x360 and the HP Spectre x360 convertible notebooks feature dual-array microphones optimized for Cortana with voice control and naturally transition from notebook to tablet to tent to stand modes and back with Continuum.(4)
- HP Pavilion, HP ENVY and HP OMEN notebooks also take advantage of Cortana (4) with their dual-array microphones and enhance gaming performance by streaming Xbox One games to the PC anywhere in the house.
- HP EliteBook 1020 Folio, the industry’s thinnest and lightest business-class notebook,(5) takes advantage of Cortana(4) and Skype for Business with its dual-array microphones, exclusive noise-cancelling software and HD webcam.
- HP EliteDesk 800 Desktop Mini PC, the world’s smallest business-class desktop,(6) works with HP BIOSphere to create a security-enhanced and highly managed device and high DPI scaling capabilities optimized for 4K resolution displays.
- HP Elite x2 1011 2-in-1 Windows device, featuring the industry-first WiGig enterprise wireless dock,(7) can easily go from the office desk to being mobile on the job site with Continuum.
- HP ZBook 14/15u is HP’s thinnest and lightest workstation Ultrabook™ devices – paired HP Z24s with creative professional inspired 4K Z Display delivers tremendous visual performance and enhanced productivity with the 4K display scaling capabilities of Windows 10.
To learn more, check out the blog post on HP’s Journey to Windows 10.