- HP Sure Sense1 harnesses deep learning AI to enable real-time malware protection.
- HP announces suite of commercial PCs and workstations, including:
- HP EliteBook x360 830 G6 is the world’s brightest business convertible2 for clear, beautiful outdoor viewing.
- HP EliteBook 800 G6 Series is the first mainstream business notebook with up to gigabit class 4G LTE3 for connectivity and long-range mobility.
- HP ZBook 14u and 15u, designed for power users, deliver high performance, connectivity, and security.
At its third annual EMEA Innovation Summit, HP Inc. today introduced new hardware and security solutions designed for the office of the future . HP Sure Sense is an artificial intelligence (AI)-based malware defence solution that further extends HP’s leadership as the provider of the world’s most secure and manageable PCs6.
In addition to HP’s hardware-enforced security enhancements, HP again demonstrates its commitment to delivering premium experiences for the broader, mainstream workforce with its latest line-up of 8th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro™7 based commercial PCs and mobile workstations.
Today’s workers have elevated expectations of working environments, including increased mobility, frictionless collaboration, and design that reflects their personal style. The result is an evolving and transforming workplace with more than 62 per cent of employees working from more than one location8 and 65 per cent collaborating multiple times a day9. Now more than ever, businesses need to provide their employees with technology that powers productivity, inspiration, and the exchange of ideas.
“To achieve a culture of innovation, companies everywhere are focused on driving employee engagement and satisfaction, and the technology they deploy plays a significant role ,” said Anne-Sophie Hadberg, General Manager, EMEA Personal Systems Business, HP Inc. “We are helping businesses build the office of the future by delivering superior technology experiences that empower and delight today’s workers, while providing IT departments next-generation endpoint security to confidently face the threats of tomorrow.”
Reinventing Endpoint Security
In a world of rapidly evolving malware, unprecedented numbers of ransomware attacks, and increasing firmware threats, every organisation should plan for hardware-based endpoint resiliency. There are over 350,000 new varieties of malware discovered every day10, much of it around highly destructive ransomware, mandating a new generation of defence against rapidly evolving threats. Adding powerful frontline defence, HP Sure Sense1 harnesses the power of deep learning AI to provide real-time detection and prevention of zero-day threats coupled with behavioural detection of ransomware activity, all with minimal impact to system performance.
HP Sure Sense1 will be available on the new HP EliteBook 800 G6 series, as well as the HP ZBook 14u and HP ZBook 15u. The HP EliteBook 800 G6 series also includes HP’s Endpoint Security Controller which powers HP Sure Start, the world’s only self-healing BIOS15, for protection against firmware attacks, and the optional HP Sure Recover with Embedded Reimaging, to quickly reduce system software recover. Finally, HP’s updated portfolio includes optional HP Sure View Gen316, the latest generation of HP’s award-winning integrated privacy screen.
New Elite devices – HP EliteBook 800 series and HP EliteDisplay E324
The newest HP EliteBook 800 G6 series is bringing premium experiences to workers everywhere, empowering them to create more fluidly, collaborate more efficiently, and work virtually anywhere. Featuring the new 8th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors7, the HP EliteBook 800 Series delivers a new level of mobility with outdoor viewable touch displays featuring brighter displays of up to 1,000 nit11, as well as a low-power panel option for battery life improvement of up to 18 hours12.
The latest line-up provides advancements in wireless performance and are the first mainstream business notebooks to feature up to gigabit class 4G LTE3. Additionally, HP Extended Range Wireless LAN technology enables up to two times improvement in range on the HP EliteBook 830 G6 over the prior geneneration13, Wi-Fi 6 provides three times faster transfer speeds than the prior generation14, and Bluetooth 5.0 delivers four times greater range and new capabilities. The EliteBook 800 series is designed to pass demanding MIL-STD-810G testing plus five new additional HP tests to deliver best in class durability with style.
Optimised for today’s changing workstyles and workspaces, the new HP EliteBook 830 x360 G6 features four distinct modes of functionality with an ultra-slim design that adapts to all the ways the modern professional creates, connects, and collaborates.
The HP EliteDisplay E324q is a 31.5-inch diagonal three-sided micro-edge display with QHD4 resolution. This four-way ergonomically designed display is a beautiful productivity beast with a broad array of connectivity options including HDMI, DisplayPort™, and USB-C™ to easily integrate into your multi-generational IT environment.
New Mobile Workstations – HP ZBooks
As the size of files are increasing, workflows are becoming stressed and an increasing number of users are becoming a more integral part of the design, creative, or engineering process. This new generation of power users is seeking greater performance and reliability, lightweight and thin designs that are durable and easy to carry, and long battery life for the on-the-go workstyle. With HP’s built-in security and new connectivity features, HP’s ZBook 14u and HP ZBook 15u are built for the next-gen power users who want it all.
The HP ZBook 14u is the world’s thinnest mobile workstation laptop5 designed for customers who want true portability and push their typical office computer to the limit. It has 50 per cent more graphics power17 for manipulating 3D CAD models or rendering videos with next generation AMD graphics, and remote access and review of high graphics intensive work such as rendering applications with HP Remote Graphics Software (RGS) capabilities. ZBook 14u has superb clarity from the 4K UHD display18 featuring 600 nits and has access to more colours with 100 per cent Adobe RGB, ensuring that whatever user creates looks amazing. Users experience fast performance and multi-tasking within tested certified applications such as PhotoShop, Illustrator, AutoCad, SolidWorks and Catia with new 8th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors7.
The HP ZBook 15u is HP’s thinnest and lightest mobile 15-inch diagonal workstation for power users who want high performance without the weight. With the latest connectivity and security features, users don't have to worry about losing their connection or compromising valuable data while on the go. Users experience 50 per cent more graphics power17, giving access to graphics intensive applications support such as Revit with RGS as the ultimate remote-access and collaboration tool. The mobile workstation offers fast performance and multi-tasking within applications such as PhotoShop, Illustrator, AutoCad, SolidWorks, and Catia with new 8th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors7.
Pricing and Availability19
- HP Sure Sense is expected to be available in EMEA in May.
- The HP EliteBook 830 x360 G6 is expected to be available in EMEA in June.
- The HP EliteBook 830 G6, HP EliteBook 840 G6, and HP EliteBook 850 G6 are expected to be available in EMEA in May.
- The HP EliteDisplay E324q 31.5” Display is expected to be available in EMEA in June.
- The HP ZBook 14u G6 and HP ZBook 15u G6 is expected to be available in EMEA in May
1. HP Sure Sense requires Windows 10. See product specifications for availability.
2. Based on 8th Gen Intel® based business convertibles with Intel® Core™ i U series processor, Windows Pro OS, vPro™ and a convertible nondetachable design with 1000 Nits as of January 2019.
3. Gigabit class Category 16 4G LTE module is optional and must be configured at the factory. Module designed for up to 1 Gbps download speeds as carriers deploy 5 carrier aggregation and 100Mhz channel bandwidth, requires activation and separately purchased service contract. Backwards compatible to HSPA 3G technologies. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. Connection, upload and download speeds will vary due to network, location, environment, network conditions, and other factors. 4G LTE not available on all products, in all regions.
4. Quad HP content required to view full Quad HP images.
5. Based on internal analysis of mobile workstation hinge height as of March 14, 2019.
6. Based on HP’s unique and comprehensive security capabilities at no additional cost and HP Manageability Integration Kit’s management of every aspect of a PC including hardware, BIOS and software management using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager among vendors with >1M unit annual sales as of November 2016 on HP Elite PCs with 7th Gen and higher Intel® Core® Processors, Intel® integrated graphics, and Intel® WLAN.
7. Multicore is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering, branding and/or naming is not a measurement of higher performance. Intel® Turbo Boost technology requires a PC with a processor with Intel Turbo Boost capability. Intel Turbo Boost performance varies depending on hardware, software and overall system configuration. See www.intel.com/technology/turboboost for more information.
8. HP, Quantitative Research with WW End Users, 2015.
9. Dimensional Research: Collaboration Trends and Technology, A Survey of Knowledge Workers, August 2015.
10. GDataSecurity, Malware 2017 Trends, 2017.
11. 1000-nit display is optional, requires HP Sure View* and must be configured at purchase. Touch enabled display will reduce actual brightness.
12. Windows 10 MM14 battery life will vary depending on various factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See www.bapco.com for additional details.
13. Coverage improvement based on outdoor free space environment using Friis formula.
14. Based on Wi-Fi 5 80MHz and Wi-Fi 6 160MHz minimum requirements when transferring files between two devices connected to the same router. Requires a wireless router, sold separately, that supports 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6). Only available in countries where 802.11ax is supported.
15. Based on PC competitors as of April 1, 2019 with >1m units annually with BIOS level detection and self-healing, attack detection in runtime memory, BIOS configuration and policy protection.
16. HP Sure View integrated privacy screen is an optional feature that must be configured at purchase and is designed to function in landscape orientation.
17. Represents performance change on applications that utilize the graphics performance generation over generation moving from 2GB of VRAM to 4GB of VRAM.
18. 4k Ultra HD content required to view full 4K Ultra HD images.
19. Pricing and availability are subject to change.